AdvanDx Can Help You Achieve Better Patient Outcomes When Treating Bloodstream Infections
AdvanDx provides a range of rapid diagnostic solutions to identify specific opportunities to improve care. Our rapid diagnostics led to 1) faster time to appropriate therapy 2) shorter lengths of stay (LOS) 3) lower hospital costs per patient 4) and reduction in antimicrobial use.1,2
AdvanDx offers rapid, actionable information for treating:
- Staphylococcal Bacteremia:
- AdvanDx can identify true infection with Staphylococcus aureus vs. Coagulase-negative Staph (CoNS) in hours vs. days (labs can report results with Gram stain call).
- Allows for early, aggressive and appropriate therapy for patients with true infections.
- Enables de-escalation of broad-spectrum antimicrobials (e.g. vancomycin) for patients with contaminated blood cultures1,2 (reduce LOS, adverse reactions and resistance).
- Enterococcal Bacteremia:
- AdvanDx can distinguish E. faecalis from E. faecium and other enterococci in the Gram stain.
- Allows for early, aggressive and appropriate therapy for patients with E. faecium.
- Enables de-escalation from unnecessary broad-spectrum antimicrobials (e.g. vancomycin, linezolid) for E. faecalis.2
- Gram-Negative Bacteremia:
- AdvanDx can distinguish if the species represent P. aeruginosa or another Gram-negative species such as E. coli or K. pneumoniae.
- Provides clinicians with timely information necessary to match antibiotics to organisms in the critical first hours of infection.
- Delays in starting effective antimicrobial therapy for P. aeruginosa bacteremia tended to be associated with higher mortality.
- AdvanDx tests can distinguish between different Candida species.
- Allows for early, aggressive and appropriate therapy for patients with candidemia.
- Provides clinician with needed information to help guide proper antifungal therapy (e.g. fluconazole for C. albicans, echinocandin for C. glabrata).3
Reduce Length of Stay and Antimicrobial Use1
Retrospective study of patients with Coagulase-Negative Staph + BCs
Reduce Time to Appropriate Therapy2
Retrospective study of patients with E. faecalis and E. faecium +BCs
Lower Hospital Costs Per Patient1
Retrospective study of patients with Coagulase-Negative Staph +BCs
Reduce Time to Species ID and Targeted Antifungal Therapy4
Retrospective study of patients with Candida +BC
1. Forrest et al. J Antimicro Chemo 2006; 58(1):154-158.
2. Forrest et al. Antimicrob Agents Chemo 2008; 52(10):3558-3563.
3. Pappas et al. Clin Infect Dis 2004; 38:161-189.
4. Heil et al. Am J Health-Syst Pharm 2012; 69:1910-1914.